Fast food job interview questions and the right interview answers. Expect the following to be explored in your fast food interview:
- your communication and interpersonal skills
- your customer service skills
- your understanding of the duties and requirements of a fast food worker
4 Standard fast food job interview questions
Tell me about yourself
Know what to focus on. Provide a concise and clear answer by highlighting any relevant experience, skills, abilities and achievements that may add value to this position. Find good sample answers at Tell me about yourself
Why do you want to work here?
This is the right opportunity to show that you have done your homework and to demonstrate what you have learned about the fast food company. Highlight what sets the company apart from its competitors, the reputation the company has in the fast food industry and the company culture. Good interview answers to Why do you want to work here?
Why do you want a job as a fast food worker?
Possible reasons for wanting to work in the fast food sector are:
- constantly interacting with different types of people
- the opportunity to provide excellent customer service
- the challenges of a high energy job
- working as part of a team
Why should we hire you?
Employers want to know why you are a good fit for the job. Describe your strengths as they relate to the job opportunity. These are some of the key competencies and skills required for success as a fast food worker:
- the ability to work efficiently under pressure
- the ability to multi-task
- strong customer service skills
- the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both customers and the team
- adherence to quality standards
- high levels of accuracy in listening, taking orders and processing payments
- high energy levels
- adaptability and flexibility
How does your experience make you a good job candidate? What customer service experience do you have? When have you operated as part of a team? This experience can come from formal employment or other aspects of your life such as your education, sport and interests or volunteer work.
3 Fast food service related interview questions
Typical fast food job interview questions include:
What are the most important aspects of fast food service?
What is your understanding of the fast food industry? What is the role of the fast food worker? In your interview answer to fast food job interview questions like this include:
- efficient, accurate and fast service
- good quality and tasty food products
- adherence to safety and hygiene standards
What are the challenges of being a fast food worker?
This industry has a high staff turnover, it is important to let the interviewer know that you are aware of, and prepared for the challenges of working in a fast food environment. These include:
- having the skills and patience to deal with demanding customers
- working as a team to make sure the orders are processed quickly, efficiently and accurately
- projecting a professional, positive and attentive attitude at all times
- maintaining high energy levels in a busy and stressful environment
What hours can you work?
Flexibility is required in this industry but be honest about your availability and when you can realistically work. Assure the employer of your reliability and commitment within the times you have indicated you are available.
4 Customer service fast food job interview questions
How would you define excellent customer service?
The employer is exploring your understanding of good customer service and how to provide it as a fast food worker. It starts with a friendly smile and greeting but involves every aspect of the customer experience. Find out more at What is good customer service?
Why is customer service so important?
The whole survival of the business depends on satisfied customers. Good customer service results in:
- increased customer loyalty and repeat business
- an increase in the amount of money that each customer spends
- positive reviews and reputation that drive demand and new customers
Tell us about a time you went the extra mile for a
In your interview answer describe a time that you went above and beyond for a customer to create a memorable customer experience.
How have you handled an angry customer?
In your interview answer include the following steps to manage a difficult customer:
- listen carefully and allow the customer to vent
- ask questions in order to fully understand the problem
- take responsibility for the problem
- suggest and get agreement on possible solutions
3 Behavioral fast food job interview questions
These behavioral interview questions explore the key behaviors required by a fast food worker:
Tell me about a time you worked with a team to reach a goal
The ability to work effectively as part of a team is a key skill required for a fast food worker. Have a couple of good examples ready and describe:
- your contribution to the team
- how you listened to and respected the other team members
- how you actively supported team members
Tolerance for stress
Describe a time when you had to work under pressure. How did you handle it?
Fast food service can be very busy and stressful. Emphasize how you enjoy the challenge of working under pressure and the coping skills you use to manage it.
Strong work ethic and high standards
In your position with …. how did you define doing a good job?
The employer wants to know that you can be relied on to do your best at all times. A good example is a situation where you received positive feedback about your work performance.
Find more about answering behavioral interview questions
Entry Level Job Interview Questions
Questions to ask in your fast food job interview
You will be asked if you have any questions towards the end of the fast food job interview. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate your interest and commitment to the job by asking some smart questions. Examples include:
How do you measure good performance in this job?
Can you describe your ideal employee?
What are the biggest challenges in this job?
Are there any areas I need to clarify to confirm my suitability for this position?
Restaurant Manager Job Interview Questions
Customer Service Interview Questions
To Top of Fast Food Job Interview Questions
Leave a Reply