This sample entry level accounting resume clearly presents the skills, knowledge and strengths of the graduate or job candidate looking to enter the accounting profession.
Easy-to adapt professional summary for graduate accountants. Begin with an impressive entry level accounting resume objective and send off a well-structured and persuasive resume that gets you the interview for the accounting job opportunity.
ENTRY LEVEL ACCOUNTING RESUME
YOUR FULL NAME
Your mailing address
Your phone numbers
Your email address
To secure an entry level accounting position that utilizes my qualifications and knowledge.
An entry level accounting position that provides the opportunity to pursue a career as a corporate accountant
Objective Statement or Summary
Hard working graduate with a Bachelors degree in Accounting. Equipped, through hands-on experience, with technical accounting skills and a practical understanding of how to apply accounting and business knowledge. Accuracy and precision in all tasks ensures a high level of efficiency and successful problem resolution.
An enthusiastic and motivated individual who is committed to a career in the accounting field.
An enterprising accounting graduate with an excellent track record. Areas of strength include:
- Regarded by mentors and peers as a highly motivated and hard working individual who has achieved excellent results (include GPA).
- Strong organizational and planning skills resulted in the achievement of top marks for multiple projects and assignments.
- Part-time work has provided a solid grounding in the practical application of academic knowledge.
- A proactive problem-solver and determined achiever who is looking for an opportunity to prove himself.
University of Denver, CO
The Daniels School of Accountancy
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy 2022
Principles of Accounting, Business Ethics, Economics, Financial Accounting, Statistics, Information Processing, Income Tax, Auditing and Attestation, Advanced Topics in Accounting
Student Advisory Committee, Peer Tutor, Student Accountancy
Chapter, Hockey and Basketball
Bramleys Food Emporium, Denver, CO
January 2020 – date (Part-time concurrent with college studies)
- perform general ledger accounting
- develop monthly statements
- draw up monthly sales reports
- compile inventory reports
- assist with preparation of tax returns
- organize checks and deposits
The Good Life Cafe Group, Denver, CO
October 2018 – November 2019 (Part-time concurrent with college
- assisted with accounts payable
- processed invoices
- liaised with vendors
- researched invoice discrepancies
- resolved invoice problems
- provided general support to the Accounting Department
Season Sports, Boulder, CO
Summer Job 2018
- responsible for sales and customer service
- processed payments
- controlled and ordered inventory
- MS Office
- organizational and planning skills
- attention to detail
- data management
- problem analysis and resolution
- communication skills
Available on request
As a fresh accounting graduate it is advisable to begin your resume with education
rather than part time work experience. Adapt this entry level accounting
resume to meet your own requirements.
How do I write a good entry level resume objective?
Little or no work experience is the challenge that entry level job seekers face when developing a convincing resume. This can be successfully overcome by focusing on the skills, knowledge and strengths you do have and that will be put to good use in an accounting position.
Your resume objective statement is an important starting point for highlighting those core competencies and skills you can bring to the job opportunity.
Find help with writing winning entry level resume objectives
What entry level accounting skills should I include in my resume?
Ensure the skills you include in your resume are relevant to the entry level accounting job opportunity. Many of the skills and competencies you have are transferable into the workplace. Find out more about transferable competencies.
Consider your strengths and how they will benefit you in the job.
Use these accounting job descriptions to determine the strengths and skills to focus on in your resume.
Accounting duties and responsibilities
How do I write a cover letter for an entry level accounting position?
Create a cover letter that gets your entry level accounting resume read with the consideration it deserves. Include the following in your entry level cover letter:
- the skills and knowledge that you have that relate directly to the job requirements
- the education and qualifications that have prepared you to perform the accounting functions
- the workplace strengths you have that ensure you can make a valuable contribution to the employer
- any relevant experience including part time work and volunteer work
Entry Level Cover Letter Sample
Good example of a generic cover letter
What does entry level mean for a job?
Find out what entry level really means and how to apply for the right jobs for you.
Entry level job interview questions
15 essential entry level job interview questions and good sample interview answers.
Readers also liked…
Entry level accounting job interviews
Accounting Interview Questions
Entry Level Interview Questions
Student Job Interview Questions
Leave a Reply